Cranial Sacral Therapy
Total Body Wellness offers Cranial Sacral Therapy which is a profound healing process which can release the deeply held patterns of disease – both physical and psychological – which accumulate throughout life as a result of injury and illness and become held into the body tissues, leading to ill-health and dysfunction.
Cranial Sacral Therapy can be of benefit to most people and can help in most conditions – from minor aches and pains to severe and persistent chronic health problems.
Cranial Sacral Therapy involves a very gentle touch of the practitioners hands, both for diagnosis and for treatment. This light contact may be taken up on the cranium (the head), the sacrum (the tail-bone) or any other part of the body as appropriate, identifying subtle disturbances to the free motion of body tissues, the free circulation of body fluids, and the unrestricted flow of fundamental energy, potency, or vitality.
Cranial Sacral Therapy is most often carried out with the client lying down, fully clothed in a quiet and peaceful environment. Treatment is usually experienced as a very profound relaxation which may pervade the whole person, physically, mentally and emotionally, often accompanied by a feeling of lightness and ease.
The following are just a few examples of the many conditions which might benefit from Cranial Sacral treatment:
- Frozen Shoulder
- Joint Disorders
- Digestive Problems
- Menstrual Disorders
- Period Pains
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Lack of Energy
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- Dental and Temporo-Mandibular Joint (TMJ) Problems
- Persistent pain anywhere in the body
- The after effects of any chronic illness or debilitating disease
Somatic Emotional Release (SER)
According to the Upledger Institute Website, SER is a therapeutic process that uses and expands on the principles of CranioSacral Therapy to help rid the mind and body of the residual effects of trauma. SER1 offers applications designed to enhance results using CST and other complementary therapies.
- Assess and mobilize the Avenue of Expression working through more than 10 different body components, including the thoracic inlet, hard palate and hyoglossal tissues.
- Locate and release Energy Cysts.
- Release suppressed emotions that may be inhibiting complete structural releases.
- Refine listening and comprehension skills.
- Improve palpation and whole-body evaluation skills.