Happy Valentines Day to all of you!
What a wonderful month. It is Healthy Heart month and a month to celebrate love. Love is definitley something we all need now more than ever. Tragic things happening on our highways, in our schools, in our neighborhoods. All you have to do is pick up the newspaper and you can read all about it. Yes we really need a month to celebrate love. If only we could always remember what love is… ” Love is patient, Love is kind. It is not jealous, it does not boast, it is not proud. Love does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.”
-Corinthians 13 4-7
And don’t forget that heart disease is the cause of 1 in every 4 deaths in the United States.
Here are some “simple steps of prevention”?
- Adjust your diet to include more heart healthy foods like whole grains, nuts, fish, fruits and vegetables to reduce your cholesterol.
- Eat smaller portions to help control your weight.
- Drink alcohol in moderation.
- Get active, both physically and socially.
- And, my favorite piece of diet advice…a glass of red wine or a square of dark chocolate can actually lower your risk of heart disease.
I wish you a month of health, happiness and love!!!